Friday, March 16, 2012

Three Birds {Home & Gifts}

You know that moment when you discover a store that has so many cute things in it that you don't really know what to do with yourself? So you just keep whispering: 'oh my gosh...', and touch every soft thing you pass, and sniff every single thing that might smell good? Man. It kills me. Do you know what I'm talking about? Anyone? SOMEONE? Well, that happened to me today.


It's called Three Birds (Home & Gifts). My friend and I stumbled upon it while walking around town celebrating the end of the quarter (woohoo!). 

I have said it before and I will say it again...shops like this are a huge weakness of mine. 



It reminded me of everything that I love about Sesame and Lilies in Cannon Beach, Oregon...and everything I love about Peggy Sundays, my very favorite shop in Portland (Multnomah Village).



The pom-pom trim on these pillows got me. 


These mugs are by Rae Dunn Clay
I've always loved her handmade dishes!




Such a great start to my spring break. 

I know where to go next time I need to buy someone a gift. (Orrr maybe myself a gift?) :)

Do you have a go-to store like this
 in your area? 

8 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Ahhh!!! I want to go there

Jadyn @ Dutch.British.Love said...

Oh I know exactly what you mean! It's just so good for the soul to wander around in a place like that. I love the little lights they've strung from the ceiling, and those handmade mugs are great. This reminds me of a store in Pleasanton, CA called Therapy that I went to with my sister when I visited her. I walked around and sniffed all the scented candles and touched the beautiful decor items and clothes. So much fun.

The Chatty Housewife said...

Beautiful shop! I've never been to this part of Seattle (I don't think.) Are there other shops to see there as well?

alexis @ bloomed in june said...

i SO know what your talking about...and now i really want to do all that at this store! it looks wonderful!

Robin said...

Ahh this shop looks AMAZING! Seriously, I am wanting everything you took pictures of.
I don't have a shop like this in my current town since I moved here not too long ago, but where I used to leave there were a few shops that were hidden treasures!

I hope you'll check out my blog & giveaway:
http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

What a cute store! and I am such a sucker for a great mug! :)

Maria M. said...

Wow, looks beautiful! I want to go there! We don't have a lot of shops like this nearby my home; but if you travel North a little ways (about an hour) you are in true funky boutique territory. Love it!

Anonymous said...

There is a store similar like that in Ballard called Camelion Design.
They have been there for I think about 15 years, and they also offer unique home furnishings, and home decor. A friend of mine got most of her living room furniture from them and they even helped her by offering complimentary design advise. She has the most gorgeous sofa, rugs, side tables and a really cool pair of table lamps.
She said they were pretty reasonable in price too. Check them out next time you are in Ballard and let me know what you think. N.