Thursday, March 8, 2012

Arabesque Tile

Welcome. 

To a very disjointed post showing you tile that I love, and then telling you some fun facts about the making of this post. Behind the scenes. A backstage pass, if you will. 

(I'm tired and it's almost finals week. I have a feeling I'll look back on this post later and ask myself, 'Why?').

But what I will NOT question, is why I showed you the beautiful arabesque backsplash in this kitchen. 




Is that gorg or WHAT? So bright and cheery. Ever since my mom remodeled her kitchen in our old house, I've joined her as a lover of subway tile. This white arabesque tile is a really nice alternative to the white subway tile that we love! 

I can't wait for the day that my mom gets to remodel the kitchen in her current house. Sometimes I draw pictures of what I dream for it to look like during class. I'm getting ahead of myself. But that day will come.

K, here's the fun facts about this post:

1) It's the week before finals week and writing this post is giving me a nice break from the mounds of homework and studying that I should be doing. 

2) This post was written in an extremely cool cafe 
downtown called Roy Street {coffee and tea}.

3) I started to take pictures of the cafe to show you, but I think people thought I was creepily snapping pictures of them. They gave me looks of confusion and anger. Slash hatred. So I stopped. For fear of my life.

4) That cafe also happens to have THEE SLOWEST internet...on the entire planet. Yep. I mean it. THE WHOLE PLANET.

5) Because of that, getting the link to load for the pics in this post took ehhh..30 minutes?

6) But am I mad? No.

7) Why? Because that tile makes me happy

8) And because slow internet is a very small thing
 to be annoyed by in the grand scheme of life.

Life is good.

The end.

10 comments:

Lacy in the Sky with Diapers said...

Wow... I am in love with this kitchen... totally pinning this for my kitchen dreams!! Great post!!

Tiffany Leigh {thedesignerlifestyle} said...

I love this tile so much too! 30 minutes to load a link? That's dedication. haha!
Tiffany
thedesignerlifestyle.blogspot.com

natalie grace said...

haha! I love this. mostly because when I was at a cafe in Tacoma recently it literally took me like an hour to get my pictures up. determination.... it's a powerful thing. I love that tile btw. I'm all about white kitchens to brighten them up. beautiful!

Anastasia said...

Great tiles! And love the water tap next to the stove - how convenient.

Good luck with exams! I remember what that used to be like. It will be all over before you know it.....

Anastasia at Decor is like butter

natalie grace said...

ps I just made a new button! so I no longer have that gray and green one. I think it will still work, but my new button is a lil' better. :) hope you're having a good week preparing for finals!

Jadyn @ Dutch.British.Love said...

Those tiles are beautiful! I love it that they're white but still add pattern. Sigh. I so need a new backsplash in my kitchen!
Thanks for the peek behind the scenes! Glad you put your camera away before your life was in danger. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love that tile too!

xx
Kecia
http://www.couturezooblog.com/

-Courtney Lane- {blog} said...

Got it! Thanks girl!

Maria M. said...

LOL! You are adorable. You crack me up. That tile is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY gorgeous. Love it, love it. Thank you for sharing! And good luck on finals! ;-)

Cait Emma said...

they are gorgeous! and good luck with your finals love - i'm in mine as well (and as you can tell, i'm blogging too so i can put off studying ha) - this weekend is going to be packed...bah