Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Seattle Home {Part 2: The Main Room}

Hi everyone, and welcome to my living room! In my previous post, I showed you the bedroom I share with my best friend in my rental house. The living room that I'm showing you today is my absolute favorite room in the house, so I can't wait to show you all!

We were so lucky to find this house last spring. We loved the hardwood floors and all the charm that comes with an old house. And while it's a small, cozy house, it has plenty of room for all six of us to spread out. 

Every once in awhile we all get the sudden urge to clean the house top to bottom. This happened last night on Valentine's Day. We blasted some classy Billie Holiday music on Pandora, and spent probably an hour getting the house in order, followed by eating a delicious homemade meal together. And let me tell you...It. Was. Glorious.



This is the dining room, which is connected through an archway to the living room. That chair on the end and I know each other well. It's where I have spent COUNTLESS hours drafting floor plans and elevations for my design studio classes--sometimes until the wee hours of the night I might add.


We use this little chalkboard sign for messages to the house, and it also has each of our prayer requests on the other side.


My best friend's dad made us this gorgeous crackle-painted table out of an old door! We love it. So much.



Diane, my housemate's super crafty mom (and new blogger!!!) made us these cute initial frames, and then we just mixed them up with other frames/art that we had around the house to create a little gallery wall above the couch. Welcome her to blogland if you desire, she's really great!


See that? AN END TABLE. Remember when I talked about how we had no end tables? We now have one. Actually we had it all along, but it was just awkwardly placed by the front door and was kind of in the way. This is a much better spot for it! We need more still by the couches, but one is better than none :)



As most old houses do, it has its quirks (like the shower that has been dripping constantly for the past few days, and the teeny tiny kitchen) But we really love this house and have made some great memories here. I hope you enjoyed that little tour of my favorite room in my house!

21 comments:

Sunny said...

Thanks for the house tour, well I guess the living room tour. I just love to see inside other peoples homes. Much nicer than where I lived when I was a student!!

Jo said...

Beautiful! I love those floors, and the ornate fireplace screen! I fell in love with the character of the older neighbourhoods in Seattle when I was there in October. I stayed at a gorgeous B&B on Capitol Hill.

Gild and Grace said...

Such a lovely space! Love your coffee table :)

Abbey x

Diane Streicher @ Diane Again said...

Court! Sweet post. Thanks for the mention. :)

Plus I dropped by the Manor today and it was presh. Love the big chair in the sunny corner and the new sense of space and calm in the whole room. It all looks great.

P.S. Posted a few pics of your dining room table. Love.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.375360665807538.93963.368717013138570&type=1

Unknown said...

What a lovely home. I'm DYING over that door//table! amazing!! xoxo <3 Linds of www.rubygirlblog.com

Unknown said...

And just pinned the door :) http://pinterest.com/pin/72972456432114139/

Katie said...

Your home is beautiful! I love your blog and how inspired it makes me, following you and following your pinterest! Thanks for the inspiration!
-K

Michaela said...

Alright, your house is so darn cute! Jealous. I really like the sconces hehe ;)

Jadyn @ Dutch.British.Love said...

It was so much fun to get a peek at your bedroom and living room! What a beautiful house! Love love the coffee table! And the mobile above the fire place is so pretty!

Kathy Watson-Waterbury said...

I love the charm older houses have and a beautiful fireplace too. I noticed the table right off as a door redone into a table, love it! Looks very inviting and comfy.

GingerMommy said...

What a wonderful home! And I love the chalkboard sign idea. Where can I get a chalkboard sign like that??
Nikki

-Courtney Lane- {blog} said...

Thanks Nikki! I'm not sure! One of my roommates friends got it for us. Maybe Ikea has something like it?

ListedesListes said...

lol it's awesome!!

Kimberly Moore said...

Super cute! I'm originally from the Seattle area so naturally I'm biased towards any Seattle designer. :) Keep up the amazing work!

Sarah Kyle said...

Love that table!

Funmilayo said...

i love your living room, beautiful house

Julia said...

It's adorable! Such a warm and cozy room! Would love to see the kitchen.

Contemplating Beauty said...

What a beautiful home, so many unique touches, so glad you are sharing!

Lindsay @ Me, Ed and Pea said...

So. Beautiful. The fireplace blows me away! It looks like your house should be in the south of France!

Anonymous said...

Hi Courtney! You home look so beautiful. I live with roomies also and I hope that one day we can design our home like how you all did with yours! It look so homey. E.

Micheal Alexander said...

Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from it. Silk curtains