Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wedding Cake Design

Here's the thing. I love weddings. You would think with the amount of time that I've thought about my wedding, I would have a pretty good idea in my head of what I want it to look 
like. But I honestly have no idea. 

Not that I'm in any rush. First I should maybe get engaged. Oh wait maybe first I should have a boyfriend. Or maybe first even a potential guy to date. Yeah so REALLY no rush here to plan my wedding! I sound bitter but I'm really not. Marriage is way down the road for me and I'm perfectly okay with that. But for now, I can dream of my future wedding's design!

I really love the idea of event design in general, which is a profession that some interior design majors choose to go with. I think I would love that! My sister and I have even talked many a time about the possibility of starting our own wedding planning business someday.

The wedding cake is obviously just one of the million aspects to consider when planning a wedding design,
 but I think it's a pretty important one. 

Here are a few that I love:

Jaytsai Photography

Sweet and Saucy Shop
Notice how different they all are? Yet another reason why I will have such a hard time choosing what direction to go for my wedding...I like everything!

Which one would you choose?

(Pssst, check out some really cute DIY wedding ideas here at my sister Kylee's blog!)

PS: As I was writing this post, my housemate jokingly asked me "Are you going to have a sloth cake at your wedding?" Then she said she was going to have sloths hanging from the ceiling at her wedding (oh gosh, looks like I won't be able to make it to your wedding, Breegan!) ...for those who didn't see in my guest post on Michaela Noelle Designs, sloths are one of my biggest fears. They freak me out. But it was brought to my attention that Kirsten Bell's boyfriend surprised her with seeing a sloth for her birthday...and she cried tears of HAPPINESS when she saw it. I'd be crying too...but of fear. And then I might break up with my boyfriend for doing such a terrible thing. ;)


Well, I didn't think I'd ever talk about wedding cakes and sloths in the same post. But I did. I went there. 

17 comments:

Diane Streicher @ Diane Again said...

Court, you sly dog. Sloths and wedding cakes...two highly emotional subjects. I'm crying sooooo hard right now!

Michaela said...

This is so funny! I died laughing and thought of you when I saw this video the other day! :)

ps. Pretty cakes. The purple one is awesome!

Danielle said...

1) You crack me up. Watch out... it's always the ones that say they're not getting married anytime soon that get swept away in a month or two! 2) I LOVE those first 2 cakes. The first one is so unique and pretty and the second on is so classy!! 3) that sloth video killed me. So funny. Love your blog girl. Following now!

Janette said...

Oh my gosh! That's hilarious (video) and your post too! Who woulda thought..sloths and wedding cakes flow together so well????? Made me chuckle! And all those cakes are gooooorgeous AND HOW! And about which cake is my fave?? Hmm... I was thinking that definitely not the last one cause I'm not too much into chocolate..but now that I'm looking at it...I. Just. Don't. Know!


Janette the Jongleur

The French Bird said...

Hey love!

Thanks for stopping by The French Bird! Lovely cakes you got here! It makes me wanna get married all over again! LOL .. lovely blog!!!

XOXOXO

Pame

heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

One thing in common with all these cakes is that they are stacked. So you have a jumping off point. Plus the designs are (mostly) simple with some embellishment. This post brought back so many memories of when I had a wedding cake business 10 years ago. May have to get out that piping bag and make something.

Anonymous said...

Those cakes are so gorgeous! I love the first one, ohmygoodness.
And I love how your mind works - wedding cakes and sloths in one blog post, you pulled it off somewhow! :) That video is hilarious!

Brianna Renee said...

wow, that 3rd cake is beautiful! and hey there is nothing wrong with dreaming about your big day to soon :)

lamb and blonde said...

These cakes are so pretty! I love the purple one as well as the b&w one. Daydreaming is always pleasant, isn't it? Especially of cake. :)

memory said...

i love that you're okay with being single for right now. maybe we're the only two, but at least we don't have any gifts to buy for a dude this Valentine's Day (more money for chocolate for US, riight?!)

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

Lena said...

OH. MY. GOSH. That first cake may be one of the most beautiful cakes I've ever seen.

But a sloth cake would definitely top it:)

Meredith Sledge said...

Dying over those cakes. The first one?! Ummm, wow! What a gift!

scrapbook album said...

Superb! As I have found the big collection of Wedding Cake. The extreme designs and look of those one are really looking killing. I am really impressed to see those one. It's truly one of the idealise source for me about my wedding anniversary.

Kristina - Barn Wedding Connecticut said...

Such a beautiful and unique wedding cakes. It's really mouth watering. Thanks for sharing this post to us. This adds more ideas about wedding cakes.

Kristina - Connecticut Wedding Lighting said...

Wow! Those wedding cakes are really mouth watering. Also, the styles and designs are really unique. Thumbs up for sharing this post to us.

myrtle said...

Great! Love the photos.
myrtle

Unknown said...

Perfect! I have taken the responsibility of organizing my sister’s wedding. I have shortlisted some of the rental spaces for parties already and I am glad to have found this wonderful post as well. Thanks a ton for sharing this post with here.