Thursday, November 24, 2011

Sesame and Lilies

Feast your eyes. 
On one of my favorite stores ever, 
in one of my favorite places ever. 

It's called Sesame and Lilies, located in the 
precious little town of Cannon Beach, Oregon.



There is so much to look at in this store. Cuteness. Everywhere. 


I loved this light fixture. This light ended up being the inspiration to me choosing a similar light fixture in my most recent design project...which I'll be sharing more about in a future post!


Dash and Albert rugs


These blankets were so expensive. But so beautiful. And so soft. I should know...I pretty much stroked every one of them one by one until I felt like the store clerks wanted me to stop.





I almost died when I saw this little pendant. Those scallops...they kill me. If I could be a pendant light...I'd be that one. Is that weird to say? Oh well. It's true.



Look at how cool these industrial stools are!

The only downside about this shopping trip was that I kept feeling like I was being watched. Only to realize...I was. By this:



And this:



Oh and apparently this:




I thought this front pillow was so pretty. Just a really subtle animal print. I'm not usually a fan of animal print at all...but this pillow made me reconsider that a little. A LITTLE. 


So I was inspired, and right when I got home I decided to redesign my bedroom, incorporating REALLY subtle animal print. Nothing too wild...just a subtle accent of animal print. 








............................................................








And here's my new room! Thoughts?


...so yeah. I crack myself up. {why aren't you laughing} 



Anyways, back to the pretty stuff.

I want to own that metal lamp on the left. And all of those good smelling soaps.

I ended up leaving the store with one thing that I love.



Please excuse the darkness of this picture...but that elephant print above my bed is what I bought. It was only about $4...and perfectly filled the blank spot above my bed in my college house!

So that's that! I'd say it was a successful shopping trip. I get so much inspiration just from wandering stores like this. 
Can't wait 'til I can go back again!

Hope you all had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving :)

17 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Ohhh my!! Wonderful pretty pieces!!! I LOVE the light fixture too...very cool!! I found you from follow fest...so nice to meet you!

Happy Saturday!!!

A Funky Little Fashion Blog

Alyx said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! This post totally makes me wish I lived in Oregon. That store looks AMAZING!! Love it! And good pick with the Elephant print. It's pretty cute!

Ange said...

Wow! Love that elephant print and I know you were eying up the scalloped pendant lamp but I was loving the owl in the background!

Anonymous said...

Cute post, made me laugh out loud several times. Have bookmarked your blog as a favorite.

Mrs Mary Joy Pershing said...

Wow! I can understand why this is one of your favorite stores! Talk about inspiration! So many, many lovely thing to drink in!

Stopping over from your mom's blog...congratulations on beginning your own blog! I look forward to reading more soon!

Unwrapping His Grace,

Mary Joy

Amy said...

Saw a big horse head like that at Z Gallerie this week-end. Kinda creepy! Love seeing your blog ... despite being "decorating-ly challenged" .. I love your family so much. Love seeing you on the blogosphere ... and all "growed-up".

ALB and ABB said...

Hi, I stopped over from The Inspired Room. I have to say that in this post my favorite things are the stools and that great sign about behaving. I like your style sense. I'll be checking back!

Garden4fun said...

What a darling store, guess I'll have to get in line for that light fixture! I came over from The Inspired Room - really enjoyed your post!

Barbara

Karen said...

Hi Courtney,
I'm a blog friend of your mom's and am happy to have heard about your new site. The shop you toured us through is wonderful, too bad I'm in southern California. But it's nice to see what's out there in the world of home decor, even if I can't drop by. :-)
Nice post, happy holidays,
Karen

Between You and Me said...

Hi Courtney.....came over from your mom's blog....very excited to see your blog!!

LOVE the store that you featured today.....

Kathy said...

Hi there found your blog thru inspired room :-)
Isn't it wonderful how therapeutic and inspiring a gift/thrift store can be? I enjoyed seeing the pictures --I agree would love to have the metal lamp.

kodi said...

i just happened upon your mom's blog from a young house love post and am glad that i found yours instead. i absolutely love sesame + lillies!! i live in spokane washington and sadly only get to go there about once a year, it was nice to at least get a little glimpse. thanks + happy blogging!

Diane Streicher @ Diane Again said...

court. about your new room. hot pink animal prints are so me. am i jealous? maybe. yes.

Michaela said...

That pink zebra bedding reminds me of the taco bell tile joke you played on Lisa! (: This store looks so awesome...I want to go!

Tonya @ My Cozy Little Farmhouse said...

I am crushing on that bird pillow!

Unknown said...

That store really have a room for beautiful collections, Courtney. Every piece is a treasure, especially that animal-printed pillow. It belongs to that comfortably soft-looking pink bed. Anyway, that pendant light is definitely a beauty. And the elephant print is more.

MattressDepartmentUtah.com

Unknown said...

Awesome.. Really nice prints. Liked all of them very much!!