Wednesday, February 8, 2012

This Headboard...It Kills Me


Not only is it ridiculously gorgeous...it's reclaimed wood. AND it's made in the U.S., making it even more sustainable because of the fewer resources needed for transportation {Whoa. Excuse my sustainable nerdy-ness there...but I'm learning about this topic in my Sustainability & Materials class, and my professor would be so proud! Maybe she'll read this and give me extra credit? Or if not, just an automatic A+ in the class would do the trick...}


Maybe the cutest twin bed I've ever seen. Dear future child, you will sleep in this bed, and you will like it.



I love the dark wood version too. I can totally picture some really vibrant patterned bedding on this bed, can't you? Or some really soft textured white bedding? 

Or even a pop of red

So many possibilities. I've kinda been more into upholstered headboards lately over solid ones, but the curved shape of these are too good not to love. Do you like upholstered or solid headboards better?

Headboards via: Viva Terra

17 comments:

Jo said...

Those headboards are beautiful! I've been thinking of making something like that for my daughter's room. I love the shape!

Michaela said...

Ah! Future child WILL like it :) It really is a beauty. The lines of the headboard are perfect, and I think that's what gets me- cause like you, I prefer more upholstered ones normally!

whitney said...

where is can i get one of these???

Lena said...

"Dear future child, you will sleep in this bed, and you will like it." Hahaa, I laughed out loud when I read this:)

I'm a solid headboard type of gal [I am a fan of this reclaimed made in the USA awesomeness that is a headboard]. Or no headboard at all, just some art hung high enough so that we don't knock it down.

Jadyn @ Dutch.British.Love said...

They are so gorgeous! Always love your finds and your added comments about sustainability are a bonus! A+ from me! I guess that doesn't really help you, oh well...
I love upholstered headboards as well, but there's just something about the mix of rustic wood and the elegant shapes of these that gets me!

Maria @ All Things Luxurious said...

Well, I thought I loved the upholstered headboards better, but this is just lovely!

Jennifer Spadaro said...

These beds are beautiful! Have a wonderful night

Jasmine said...

i would go for solid!

xx jasmine
www.awonderkind.blogspot.com

HAMPTON HOSTESS said...

super cute headboard--thanks for visiting Hampton Hostess!

Jessica said...

I love it. Its so simple and beautiful.

Meredith Sledge said...

I loooove those headboards!!! Ahh! I want one!

Haley @thedistractedblogger said...

I love the look, but I like soft and comfy in my bedroom. Either a couple of large pillows to lean against or an upholstered insert so the wood becomes the frame.

Diane Streicher @ Diane Again said...

Funny you asked...I've been obsessing over this headboard for the past few days.

http://www.seriouslyahomemaker.com/2012/01/barn-wood-head-board-with-built-in-lamp.html

Piril Maria said...

This sure is beautiful. I like it when a headboard or a furniture is natural looking (such as this one). Makes the atmosphere so much more calm.

Followed, hope you don’t mind. And who knows, maybe you’ll visit me someday too.

thebookness.com

SoSimple said...

(Sigh...) I'm dying for a bedroom make-over. This would do just the trick, gorgeous and dreamy (sigh....again)

Sonya {So Simple}

Micheal Alexander said...

Your website is very beautiful or Articles. I love it thank you for sharing for everyone. Red velvet drapes

Unknown said...

Thank you including our beautiful beds. I’ll give any of your readers 20 percent off .
Anne
Urban Woods
Urbanwoods.net