Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Seattle Home {Part 1: Details of My Bedroom}


Hey guys! If you're a regular reader of my blog, you probably know by now that I go to school as an interior design student in Seattle. I always love seeing pictures of blogger's homes, so I thought I'd start telling you a little about my home! I rent a cute old brick house with 5 of my best friends, and I share a room with my best friend of about 15 years (the friend I showed in my velvet post.)

If you missed that post, I can assure you that you will not regret clicking it. You will get the honor of seeing us in our matching short-sleeved VELVET TURTLENECKS in 2nd grade. 

Anyways, I've shown parts of my bedroom previous posts, but I wanted to show you guys a few more bits of my room here! 



I painted this desk and chair last summer (on a day where I felt particularly crafty)! The desk has been around my family for many years and was a dark red wood before the redo. When I finished painting I just mod-podged some ripped up book pages on the back of the chair, added my checkered Anthropologie knob, and voila! I'll show a more pulled back picture of the whole desk soon {When it's not midnight and there aren't papers and books covering it, that is. Shh. Don't tell. I know. Bad blogger}.


My roommate and I strung Ikea string lights and strips of vintage fabric and lace around the room. And luckily we're short enough that we don't run into them when we walk under them :)





Recycled Calendar Art


Oh and I almost forgot...our third roommate. Meet Juancho Jamal Sayid. He's an alpaca. He watches over us while we sleep and holds down the fort while we're on campus. I'd say he's the focal point of our room. Every room needs one...it's all the rage. 

So there you have it, a peek into my bedroom in Seattle. Soon I'll show you more of the rest of my house!

PS: Happy Valentine's Day! So far I've been spending mine in class, a meeting, and eating far too many M&Ms. Hope you are all having a lovely day!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful art display! If you drew/painted all of that it looks amazing! GLad you showed off your place! Happy Valentines Day!

alexis @ bloomed in june said...

love all those textures!!

Maria @ All Things Luxurious said...

Loved this little mini-tour! Thanks! And Happy Valentine's Day to you, too! :-)

-Courtney Lane- {blog} said...

Thanks Britt! I did not paint it, but I wish I did! Haha. It was from an old calendar :) Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

Michaela said...

Well what an adorable room you have!! I love all the little details. I love that we're blogging when we have a major test tomorrow....oh joy :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Contemplating Beauty said...

YOu are so clever and this blog is so so sweet, I found you through Life of the Wife, and I'm so glad I did!!!
Can't wait to see more, and your bedroom is so dreamy!

Jo said...

You have a lovely room! I love the details on your desk and chair!

JW | PEONY said...

I love finding other Seattle bloggers!


Peony

Micheal Alexander said...

Your website is very beautiful or Articles. I love it thank you for sharing for everyone. Custom kitchen curtains valances