Monday, February 20, 2012

Simply Great Weekend {and a new favorite vintage shop}


This weekend was simply a dream. I absolutely love days that are filled to the brim with good things. Simple things like: great conversation with my family. Perfectly foamy coffee. Delighting in Panera for the first time (with my friend Michaela from design school). Laughing at my ridiculous puppy Jack. Spending Sunday helping out at my church and getting psyched about some amazing new opportunities we have.

And one of my favorite parts of the weekend was walking around with my mom and sister and discovering Modern Mercantile, an absolutely adorable vintage shop in Poulsbo!


I have SUCH a love for shops like this. I grew up in Portland which is kind of filled with small homey shops, so stumbling across ones like that in Washington always makes me 
feel more at home!





I've always dreamed of owning my own shop someday in a cute little town, filled with things I love. Maybe someday? :)


These Tokyo Bay watches killed me a little bit. Birthday list?




A porcelain doorknob hook...sigh!


How was your weekend? :)

16 comments:

InteriorGroupie said...

oh yes, that is my kind of weekend! We can hang out anytime :)

Maria @ All Things Luxurious said...

Love your photos. Sounds like a great weekend! :-)

Unknown said...

this shop looks incredible!!! i want to go there!

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

Matter of fact, I just did that today. However, I must remember to take a camera or notepad. Too many ideas to remember.

Gild and Grace said...

What lovely finds! Sounds like the perfect weekend Courtney :)

Abbey x

VINTAGE & COUNTRY said...

That sounds like my PERFECT kind of weekend for sure! I can't wait for the summer to start my search in yard sales too! ;)
What año awesome shop! Wish I lived in Washington...
Loved the pictures..... :)

VINTAGE & COUNTRY said...

That sounds like my PERFECT kind of weekend for sure! I can't wait for the summer to start my search in yard sales too! ;)
What año awesome shop! Wish I lived in Washington...
Loved the pictures..... :)

Amy R. said...

I love those kind of shops too! Looks like a fun weekend. Those are the best!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous!!!!! I love finding shops like that...what fun...

Brenny said...

That shop looks AMAZING! Great pictures.

Teresa said...

Love little shops like that....wish I didn't have to travel so far to visit it =)
Thanks for sharing

Emily said...

i need your dog. please and thank you.

Julia said...

Oh, what a fun weekend! I looks like you enjoyed one of mine and my daughter's favorites for lunch, Broccoli Cheddar Soup from Panera Bread. We have it a least once a week. We were just there on Saturday.

Jadyn @ Dutch.British.Love said...

What a beautiful weekend! That shop looks really cute, the perfect place to get lost in for a while. Those watches really are great!

Jo said...

Oh, I would love that store! My favourite kind of place to window shop. I think I may have to rent a car the next time I visit Seattle. There are too many fun places in WA!

Jessie said...

I live in Poulsbo (ish) and I can't wait to check that place out! Another great place is Flea Market Chics in Bremerton https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150753478349042.472181.103622364041&type=1#!/pages/Flea-Market-Chics/156565944396290.