Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Mudroom (Plus an Announcement}

BHG
Mudroom. A room containing mud. Muddy room.

I've always liked the idea of having a big organized mudroom in my home someday. I also enjoy the idea of my future children sweetly walking in the house, neatly placing their rain boots in the corner, and then hanging up their backpacks on the hooks marked with their first initial. Will that be great or WHAT? Jokes. It'll be okay if my kids sprint in the house screaming and throw their muddy boots down on the floor. ONE CONDITION THOUGH, sun must always be streaming through my front door and there must always be fresh wildflowers gracefully sitting in a basket on the floor. 

Is that too much to ask? :)

PS: 2 announcements: 1) I'm now officially accepting a limited amount of sponsors in the form of ad swaps. Email me (courtneylaneblog@gmail.com) if you are interested in swapping ads and we can talk! 2) I also now have a Facebook page! Click here to become a fan and get updates on my posts as well as other things not posted on my blog. Thanks guys!

7 comments:

Jillian {Her Split Ends} said...

Love the details of this mudroom! What a great thing to see first when you get home.

CONGRATS on the add swapping!

Jessica said...

My dream home would definitely have a beautiful, organized mudroom. Right now things just get piled up on the washer and dryer. Not nice to walk in through.

Jo said...

What a lovely picture! I quite love my teeny-tiny mudroom that we built in the fall. Even though I can't seem to keep things off the floor and on the shelves/hooks where they belong! I keep telling myself it will be better in the spring, when coats are smaller ;-) Or at least when the kids are bigger and can reach the hooks.

I've liked your FB page! I just started mine recently too, and it's a lot of fun!

Sunny said...

That would be great if you could get your kids to be so perfect. I will just tell you that I have been unsucessful at such perfection....but my hopes are high for you!!! ;) Anyhow a mudroom like that one is definitely on the must have list for my next house!! Congrats!

Lacy in the Sky with Diapers said...

I would love if my kids and Husband hung their things and put their shoes perfectly in a row.. doesn't usually happen!! haha! ps I would love to adswap with you!! lacedhair@gmail.com

Kirsten Wiemer said...

i love this, we had a mud room at home, i really love mudrooms. this is super cute.

check me out

http://kirstenandryanwiemer.blogspot.com/

--K

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Yes, it is too much to ask for them to hang their stuff neatly when they come in..... but the sun streaming in and the wildflowers...... that's possible. :) I'd suggest getting a pocket door put on that future mudroom!