Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Inspiration for Senior Portfolio Class

Well, spring quarter is quickly coming to an end, which means senior year is coming closer. I'm not sure if I should be excited, nervous, relieved, or fearful for my life. Or all of the above. For now, I think I'm just going to choose to be excited :)

Awhile back, I talked about my favorite business cards and mentioned how I wanted to get a head start on thinking about my branding for my Senior Portfolio Show next year. This is where all of the senior design students get to show off their hard work from the last four years. 

I know it will be a big process to actually choose the elements that I want and then put everything together. But for now, I'm just gathering some ideas that inspire me!

K Flick Studio
I love the idea of brown paper with gold writing.
Molly Jacques

I really like Molly Jacques calligraphy logo. I'd love to try to incorporate some kind of calligraphy into my business card or portfolio cover!

I'm quite a fan of the shape and the stitching on these business cards by Paper and Thread.


Right now I'm loving the idea of neutral with one or two colors as an accent. I also really want there to be some special elements of detail, like the threaded edge of the Boutwell Studio business card.

But you know, let's be honest. I can be kind of indecisive. So I wouldn't be surprised if my ideas change many times! It will be really fun go see the current seniors' portfolio show to see their work and maybe get some more inspiration for next year. Until then, let my pinning spree of ideas continue! 

Hope you're all having a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the brown paper with gold writing!

Meg Arnold said...

Hey,
so excited for you! My husband is studying interior design and is going to be a junior next year. I know it's a ton of work, I see him and his class put more work into their projects than I have ever seen before. I went to a senior exhibit at our school last semester and it's so fun to see all of their work come together. Way to go!
xo Meg