Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Whale of a Good Time

There's something I've been meaning to tell you all. Something I have yet to share on this little blog of mine, but something that needs to be said.   

I love whales. 

I really do. The day that I see a whale LEAP out of the water and crash back in is going to be the greatest day of my life. 

I've dreamed of that day. Watched countless videos of whales jumping out of the water. Looked through binoculars as a child at my grandparent's beach house, searching for whales in the ocean, exclaiming, "I THINK I SEE ONE"--only to look closer and see that it was simply a large rock. Dreams=shattered. 

So yeah, I love whales. Let it be known. 
Enormous Champion
Britt Hermann
Mod Cloth
Phillips Deveer - Photography by James Grout
Hatley-Baby Acorns
My future child's raincoat. You know, just planning ahead.

Cathy Durso

Universal Fancy Dress

I saved this one for last. I like the idea of bringing my love for whales into my fashion. Just a subtle hint of whale in my wardrobe, like this chic hat. So classy. So versatile.

And with that, I'm going to wrap this post up. But how do you even end a post like this? "So uh...thoughts on whales?" Ha! We'll go with this:

Happy Tuesday! :)

10 comments:

Jillian {Her Split Ends} said...

Hahahaha...you crack me up! I'm LOVING that whale necklace. Here's hoping you get your wish soon ;)

Cheers
~ Jillian
www.hersplitends.com

Devin said...

Haha this is such a cute post! My boyfriend won 2 stuffed whales at a carnival and we keep them in his car to remind us of a wonderful day... Whales are just the cutest!!!

Tiffany Leigh {thedesignerlifestyle} said...

The little brass whales on top of the books is so precious!
Tiffany
thedesignerlifestyle.blogspot.com

Taylor said...

Love the blog! So I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Come and check it out along with the other nominees.

Love love!

xo Taylor

http://whatwedowhatwewear.blogspot.com/

Maria M. said...

Lol, I love your whalespiration. Get it? Whale + Inspiration? Okay, I'll stop.

Jadyn @ Dutch.British.Love said...

I'd never really thought about how cute whales are, you may just have inspired a new obsession. I neeeed that hat! ;) But seriously, I really love that brass whale on the bedside table.

Amy said...

my 10 year old loves whales, too! And I would LOVE to see a whale breach (sp?). We even watched a cool thing on PBS last night with humpbacks in Hawaii. So a very timely post .. :-)

Kate @ BROhaha said...

so cute! I totally think whales are adorable too :) That's actually the theme of our little girl's bathroom!

Miss Mary said...

I just about screamed, squealed and jumped around my living room reading this post. I also, LOVE WHALES. They are my most favorite animals ever. And to know someone else loves them just as much as I do is so wonderful!!!!

XOXO
Miss Mary
emptypocketbook.blogspot.com

katie hanson said...

i love whales, too! :) here's my whale post: http://www.kateandoli.com/2011/02/cart-worthy-heart-worthy-whale-edition.html glad i found your blog! <3, katie
kateandoli {at} gmail {dot} com